Whale watching Reykjavik
Experience an exciting whale-watching tour on board the biggest whale watching ship in Iceland, Andrea. You will board our new boat, Andrea, where you will witness several types of whales, dolphins, porpoises and seabirds in their natural habitat. . The boat has ample space, enough seats for everyone and huge windows.
Life of Whales provides high quality tours, good prices with personal service. So for a 3 hour whale watching tour our ship becomes an ideal cruiser for people with high travelling standards who want to add something special to their sea cruise experience.
Safety and comfort are our top priorities as well as giving you a unique experience.
Great photo opportunities:
For photography lovers our tours offers great opportunities to record the most beautiful scenes of marine wild life.
What you may see
Most usual sightings include Minke Whales, White-Beaked Dolphins, Harbour Porpoises and occasionally Humpback Whales. Anyone who´s had the experience of seeing the magnificent Minke Whale with their own eyes will tell you how fascinating it is. Huge, gentle, mysterious and just as curious about you as you are about them. Many kinds of birds are also likely to be seen such as Arctic Terns, the adorable Puffin, Gannets and Gulls.
Our Boat: Andrea
This lovely luxurious ship is one of a kind in Iceland with an all-seater, comfortable inside area with large windows for great viewing on both floors. For those more adventurous, it has an extra large viewing deck outside so everyone can find a spot by the railing. Passengers are welcome to visit the wheelhouse and say hello to the captain.
We are located at the Old Harbour in Reykjavik, just 5 minutes from the City centre.
Departure point is from Reykjavik harbour and you will find our ticket sales and information center by the Old Harbour.
Our boat name is Andrea.
- State / Region
- Zip / Postcode
- Iceland 64.1511037554216 -21.94222927093506
- Safety and comfort
- More stability due to vessel size
- Guides – including English speaking – on every tour
- Larger viewing deck and bigger windows
- Café with refreshments on board
- Warm overalls provided on board. We provide overalls if needed and our boat can offer you a warm seat inside beside a huge window.
- All passengers can have a seat inside the boat
- Guaranteed whale sighting or another tour for free
- Warm clothing and footwear are recommended
- Bring along your cameras and video recorders. Remember to bring your zoom lens for the chance of a better photo of whales and birds.
- Children aged 0-6 go free.
- Tour is appropriate for all ages.
- Our whale watching tours are operated from the old harbour and because of our crew’s expertise and the abundant marine life, we have spotted whales on over 95% of our tours.
- Be ready to train your camera on a wide variety of seabirds which can be observed as well. The tour includes a stop by the Puffin Island during the puffin season (15th of May – 20th of August).
If cancelled up to 1 days before date of arrival, no fee will be charged. If cancelled later or in case of no-show, the entire activity price may be charged.