12,000 Ft Tandem Skydive
Strap yourself to a beautiful stranger and jump from a perfectly good plane, freefalling from 12,000 feet above NZ’s highest snow capped mountains!
Skydive Lake Wanaka is New Zealand’s most spectacular, multi award winning, high altitude tandem skydive. This incredible scenic experience captures views of Mt Cook, Mt Aspiring, glaciers, lakes and rivers!
Adding a New Zealand skydive experience to your extreme activity resume is easy with Skydive Lake Wanaka. You don’t need previous skydiving experience… the only thing a previous tandem skydive gives you is a better understanding of why people recommend Wanaka when asked where to skydive in NZ.Show less
Wanaka Airport is just 10 minutes drive from Wanaka township. Or approx 1 hr 15 minutes drive from Queenstown.
- State / Region
- Zip / Postcode
- New Zealand -44.699052 169.133083
- Arrival at Skydive Lake Wanaka. Your skydive experience starts with your briefing inside our very own cabin.
- Meet your skydiving Instructor. Your instructor has many thousands of skydives under his belt and is ready to ensure you have the best skydive in New Zealand.
- Just before you board our aircraft – say a few words for the camera – this is your proof!
- Board the skydive aircraft. You take to the skies in our skydive plane – a custom-built X-STOL offering a comfortable, quick flight to altitude and maximum opportunity to take in the jaw-dropping views on the way up to your chosen skydive altitude.
- Marvel at local beauty as you climb to altitude. 15-20 minutes enjoying unrivalled and uninterrupted views of Wanaka’s world-renowned lakes and mountains.
- The edge and beyond… FREEFALL! Move toward the plane’s now-open door, securely harnessed to your highly-qualified tandem skydiving instructor… pause on the edge, then… SENSORY OVERLOAD! You’re flying through the air at 200kph! You’re not falling – you’re flying and the view is truly INCREDIBLE. Your adrenalin is flowing as your senses try to process the intensity of the experience.
- KEEP SMILING! Your camera flyer or tandem skydive master captures your personal New Zealand skydive adventure available as a freefall DVD and digital pictures.
- Your parachute activates. You enjoy the view as you float – exhilarated – toward the ground.
- Gentle Landing. Your feet touch the earth. You’re safely back on the ground after a smooth landing at the Skydive Lake Wanaka drop zone.
- Take a moment to take in what you just did. You just did something that makes no sense – you jumped out of a plane thousands of feet in the air. But now you understand why skydiving is so special, why it actually makes all sorts of sense.
- Your NZ skydive memory will never wear out. Buy a t-shirt or hoodie from our Skydive Drop Shop.
- We supply jumpsuit, hats, gloves and googles and all skydiving equipment.
The price of the skydive is for the skydive only. Capture your huge freefall grin with freefall DVD and digital pictures. If you would like to purchase camera work, this is at an additional cost. We offer one of the widest ranges of video/photo options available in the skydiving industry, at a very competitive price.
Freefall Camera Flyer DVD and Photos $199
Freefall Handicam DVD only $149
Freefall Handicam Photos only $149
Camera work can be purchased on the day when you arrive at the dropzone. We will show you plenty of examples so you can choose your favourite option.
- We ask all of our customers to give us a phone call 30 minutes prior to their booking time on the day of their skydive to check weather conditions and that we are running on schedule.
- You skydive start time may change slightly based on weather conditions
- Please allow 2-3 hours with us at the dropzone
- No prior experience required – we will show you a safety briefing and your tandem instructor will be with you.
- Customers weight must not exceed 100kg / 220lbs / 15.5 stone
- Anyone under the age of 18 must have a parent or guardian sign for them
- Please bring good footwear, warm clothing in winter, and big smile
Terms & Policies
- Customers must not exceed 100kg / 15.7stone / 220lbs
- Please bring sensible shoes
If cancelled up to 1 days before date of arrival, no fee will be charged. If cancelled later or in case of no-show, the entire activity price may be charged.