Langtang RI Trekking and Expedition was licensed in 1991 by the Government of Nepal, Department of Tourism. We are the leading trekking & expedition agency in Nepal – operating since 1991. We specialize in trekking that is off t
- Frequently Asked Questions
Cultural Sensivity : Please respect the local cultures of Nepal and all you meet will appreciate dress appropriately at all times, your consideration.
Medical Insurance/Health : It is critical that you consult your doctor and dentist before venturing into the mountains. All trekkers must have adequate medical insurance to cover the possibility of helicopter evacuation.
Visas/Trekking Permits : We are happy to assist you in acquiring any necessary permits as required to enter areas mentioned in this brochure, please consult us prior to booking your trek.
Porter Protection : We are proud members of IPPG (International Porter Protection Group) and require that all of our staff be trained and equipped for their own, and your safety.
Security : Please be aware that the security of your personal valuables is your own responsibility at all times.
Environment : Take only photos leave only footprints. Please avoid bring disposable plastic and any other non-biodegradable articles to Nepal.
Langtang Ri Policy for those who have to cut their trek short:
2. Sickness (not life threatening)
PERSONAL TREKKING EQUIPNENT (UP TO 5,500M/18,000FT.)
You needs are not extensive and are easily (and cheaply) met. You can combine what you have with what you can hire in either Kathmandu or Pokhara. We will make sure you get the advice and assistance that you require. Normal trek hire cost would not exceed $US 2 per day. Items marked with * can be hired in Kathmandu and Pokhara. Items marked with (?) are optional.
• 1 Pair strong mountain/ hiking boots (walking shoes or trainers are sufficient for trrks 3,000m or below in oct/nov & mar/apr- or take boots and shoes)
• 1 Medium/large rucksack/backpack (carried by porters)
• 1 Small day pack (10-15 litres)
• 1 Four season sleeping bag (comfortable to minus 10c)
• 1 Down jackets/ all weather Anorak
• 1 Light water &windproof Jackets
• 2 Water bottles (1 litre)
• 1 Pair waterproof gaiters/overtrousers
• 1 Inner sleeping sheet
• 1 Torch/flashlight & spare batteries
• 1 Swiss Army type knife
• 1 Swimming costume/bathing suit
• 1 Medium sized towel
• 1 Washing kit to include:
Personal toiletries : Medicated talcum powder,
Moleskin for blisters (?) : Biodegredable soaps/shampoo
All ‘communal’ trekking equipment: tents, sleeping mats, first aid kit, toilet paper (at camp), private transportation to start of trek, trek permit etc. are provided by us.
The following are reviews submitted by customers who took place in an activity with this provider. They are opinions of customers that reflect their experiences with this activity provider.
Have you participated in an activity with this provider recently?
Langtang Ri Trekking and Expedition is situated at thamel west of Narayanhiti Palace Museum in tridevi marga inbetween the way to jyatha and thahiti in the right hand side of road.
- Mailing address
- G.P.O. Box: 7103, Tridevi Marga, Thamel, Kathmandu, Nepal ,
- Zip / Postcode
- State / Region