London Scuba is one of the largest scuba diving schools in the UK, having trained over 14,000 people since it started. The school was set up in 1994 by Ian Pattison, a highly experienced and accomplished PADI Master Instructor. Simon Gray & Steve Skinner joined the team in 2002 / 2005 respectively, and now run the school alongside Ian.
London Scuba is unique in being one of only a handful of PADI Dive Centres with it’s own purpose built facilities including a 3mt deep indoor heated pool. The school has grown consistently year on year building upon the friendliness and integrity of the staff and a reputation for value and service.
- Year started operating
- Number of employees
- PADI 5* Dive Centre #32269
- PADI National Geographic Dive Centre
Terms and Conditions
By tendering your payment for the course you are confirming your acceptance of the Terms and Conditions listed below:
- Your place on a course will be confirmed via a Course Confirmation Email if you do not receive an email within 1hr if booking over the phone or immediately if booking online. Please email or call the school. Please be sure to check your spam or junk email, in case the confirmation has been filtered out.
- All bookings and payments are non refundable.
- If a request to change dates is made more than 14 days before the course start date then we will change your booking to a future identical course.
- If a request to change dates is made within 14 days of the course start date then your booking will be made on a future identical course on a standby basis only i.e. the school offers no guarantee when a place will be available.
- If a request to change dates is made within 24hrs of the course start your booking will be made on a future identical course on a standby basis only i.e. the school offers no guarantee when a place will be available. You will also incur a £50 late notice re scheduling fee.
- Commencement of the course is subject to timely completion of all requirements detailed in the “What to do in advance” section of your Course Confirmation including:
- Completion of any relevant forms. These must be brought along on the course start date.
- If applicable, the completion of all pre-study materials in advance of the course start date and submission at the start of the course. If you fail to complete the relevant pre course study, you will be unable to start the course and will be asked to reschedule on a standy basis and the £50 late notice fee will also apply.
- All courses are performance based. Some students may take longer than the allocated time set for the course. We are committed to all of our clients learning to dive therefore we will provide whatever reasonable training is required to complete your Open Water Referral and Open Water Diver training at no extra cost.
- This completion guarantee is subject to London Scuba dive training resources being available during future courses to allow the student to repeat the necessary elements of the training.
- London scuba trys to ensure all courses finish on time, however due to students learning at different rates the courses may over run. We would recommend that you leave yourself extra time at the end of the stated course finish time.
- Due to the nature of UK diving, we reserve the right to change open water dive sites for reasons out of our control.
- Students agree to make adequate travel arrangements to ensure they arrive before the course start time. This includes downloading maps of locations, checking public transport, allowing for traffic hold ups ect. We will not inconvenience other customers by delaying the course. Students arriving late will not be able to start the course.
- It is a mandatory requirement that students have their own manual for each PADI course, manuals are available from London Scuba if you do not already have your own copy. Please ensure you bring along Manuals to each session.
- All certification paperwork and documentation will completed at the end of the course. Copies of paperwork and a training record are kept on file, if there are any discrepancies with your paperwork please contact the school. Copies of referral forms, can be emailed only.
- We recommend that you collect any required course materials, if not, course materials will be posted by standard 1st class mail, London scuba accepts no responsibility for lost or late items.
- Special delivery is available please request on booking. Return items must be sent registered delivery.
The following are reviews submitted by customers who took place in an activity with this provider. They are opinions of customers that reflect their experiences with this activity provider.
Have you participated in an activity with this provider recently?
The Dive Centre is located near London Gatwick.
35mins by train from Clapham Junction or
45mins London Victoria or London Bridge.
By road 6 miles south of the M25, off Junction 6 very close to Gatwick airport.
- Mailing address
- Raby's Barn, Newchapel Road
- Zip / Postcode
- RH7 6LE
- State / Region
- United Kingdom